Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-NCE, NCE and PDE Sandwich programmes of the Federal College of Education (Technical) Umunze for the 2019 contact session.
Federal College of Education (Technical) Umunze Sandwich Courses
- Agricultural Education,
- Primary Education Studies,
- Computer/Chemistry Education,
- Computer/Mathematics Education,
- Home Economics Education,
- English Language Education,
- Integrated Science Education,
- Early Childhood Education,
- Igbo English,
- Adult & Non Formal Education,
- Business Education (Accounting and Secretarial Education),
- Industrial Technical Education (Building, Automobile, Metal, Woodwork, Electrical),
- Pre-NCE (in Agric. Business, and Primary Education Studies),
- Computer/Biology Education,
- Computer/Physics Education,
- Igbo Computer,
- Integrated Science/Maths,
- Integrated Science/Physics,
- English/Social Studies,
- Physical and Health Education,
- English/Political Science,
FCE (T) Umunze Sandwich Admission Requirements & Duration
Requirement is the same as in regular programme. For NCE must possess the SSCE/WASC/GCE/O’Level passes in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics. Three (3) of which must be at credit level at the same sitting or 4 credits at two sittings. At least, two of the credits must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Candidates with Grade II Teachers Certificate (TCII) with credit or merits in three subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer, may also apply.
The PDE is designed especially for Teachers and candidates without teaching qualifications, ranging from holders of National Diploma to Ph.D or their equivalents. The PDE embodies the flexibility, richness in pedagogical content, provision for specialization etc. which have current national and international concerns. A candidate who has successfully undergone the Professional Diploma in Education (PDE) is qualified to pursue Masters degree in Education. (Source: TRCN National Benchmark for Post-Graduate Diploma in Education 2010 pg8)
Duration of the Programme
Sandwich Programme runs for four (4) years for NCE Programme, while the PDE and Pre-NCE runs for 2 years and 1 year respectively.
For more information, visit the Sandwich Unit F.C.E (T), Umunze. You will be proud to have enrolled in the Sandwich Programme.
How to Apply for Federal College of Education (Technical) Umunze Admission
The forms are available at the Sandwich Unit, F.C.E.(T) Umunze on the payment of N5000.00 only through Remita Online Platform.
For more information, visit the sandwich Unit F.C.E(T), Umunze. You will be proud to have enrolled in the Sandwich Programme.
The 2019 contact begins on 20th July, 2019.
Finally hostel accommodation is provided for Sandwich Students.
For further enquiries call 08025567267
DEADLINE: 30th June 2019.