» Browse and Download for Free on UC Mini Using 9mobile Via Office VPN
Today at 8:01 am by Peter1

» How to use Up Myapp Data on MTN up to 1GB
Yesterday at 8:44 pm by Peter1

»  Airtel offer | Get 3GB worth of Data with Just 200Naira
Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:23 am by Gab2

» Stream Videos for free with Your 9mobile Sim
Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:17 am by emmy

» How To Merge Your Facebook Cover With Your Profile Picture (Full Tutorial)
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:19 pm by Emmi

» HOW TO MAKE N100,000 T0 N500,000 MONTHLY WITH FOOTBALL BETTING
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:17 pm by segiade

» How To Subscribe and Unsubscribe from MTN Night data Plan | 500MB for 25Naira
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:43 am by Emmi

» Glo Free Data Day To come Up On September 28th 2017
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:41 am by Emmi

» How To Transfer Airtime Across Different Network
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:36 am by Emmi

» How To Send Free Unlimited SMS With Your MTN Sim | September 2017
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:45 pm by Emmi

» Get Free Airtime from MTN Music Plus
Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:28 pm by Gab2

» NECO SSCE 2017 Result Has Been Released- Check Statistics Here
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:50 pm by Gab2

» Exchange Your points to airtime, MTN Music Plus is Back
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:27 pm by Emmi

» How To Find Out Who is Tracking You Through Your SmartPhone | With Just a Code
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:50 pm by Gab2

» Join 9Jatechs Free Browsing and Tech Update Whatsapp Group
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:12 pm by Jinero

» 9Mobile/Etisalat Special Offer |How To Get 1gb Data For Just N200 Or Get 5gb For N1000
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:49 am by Emmi

» How To Save ThIngs on Facebook
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:42 pm by Emmi

» Prayer For The New Week | 11th September 2017
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:20 am by Gab2

»  Get 1000 Naira Worth Of Airtime For Free | MTN Compensation Bonus To Old Subscribers
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 am by MERCI

» How To Easily Root Your Android Smartphone
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:26 am by Gab2

» Apple is going to launch iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X according to the iOS firmware upgrades
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:18 pm by Peter1

» Most Common Android Problems and Their Solutions
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:47 pm by Emmi

» NairaBet Free Daily 50MB To Power All App on MTN
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:43 pm by Emmi

» MTN Hourly YouTube plans and Subscription Code
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:56 am by emmy

Top posting users this month
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Like Our facebook Page

I forgot my password

Airtel offer | Get 3GB worth of Data with Just 200Naira

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:05 am by Snows

Airtel is here again  with a super speedy 3GB worth of Data with Just 200Naira ,
 Airtel is one of the Top communication networks in Nigeria

offering cheap internet access to their subscribers. Airtel has
a wide range of internet packages for Android , Blackberry ,
iPhone and Laptop users.

In this article  I will share with you a …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 3

Stream Videos for free with Your 9mobile Sim

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:50 pm by Emmi

Hello Technicians 

Did you know that video streaming is free on 9mobile Nigeria?..

Etisalat recently changed to 9mobile and since then,they've been launching cool packages and gifting out mind blowing bonuses..

The question is ,how can I be eligible for the 9mobile video streaming?

HOW TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

How To Subscribe and Unsubscribe from MTN Night data Plan | 500MB for 25Naira

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:43 am by Emmi

Mtn Night data is one of the best of all data plan for all heavy Internet users, this night data plan let you to browse and download a files up to 500mb for just 25 Naira only. 

In  as much as it is only use able at night, it is the most reliable and cheap data for Mtn  users in Nigeria. Coming up Mtn  recently introduced  an Auto renewed night data plan which was formally a day to day …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Glo Free Data Day To come Up On September 28th 2017

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:54 am by emmy

Glo had earlier announced August 11, 2017 a free data day, whereby every eligible customer will enjoy unlimited browsing but the plan was stoppedby NCC. 

But here is another free data day coming up..

According to glo

[i]All Glo customers can now enjoy a whole day of free data when they meet set of voice and/or data usage threshold within 7 days to the free data day.[/i]

Glo has officially …

[ Full reading ]

How To Transfer Airtime Across Different Network

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 am by Gab2

I bring you good news to my fellow Nigerians,as you can now transfer airtime across different networks using an amazing app called swap naija.
Swap Naija is an app which transfers airtime across different networks. Before now, transfer could only occur between the same network. But With Swap Naija, Nigerians can now send airtime to any telecommunication network.

I will show you the steps to …

[ Full reading ]

Nairabet

How To Easily Root Your Android Smartphone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter1
Member✭✭
Member✭✭

PostPeter1 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 am

Free utility KingoRoot makes it a snap to take total control of just about any Android smartphone. Here's how to use it.

Rooting is the Android equivalent of jailbreaking, a means of unlocking the operating system so you can install unapproved apps, deleted unwanted bloatware, update the OS, replace the firmware, overclock (or underclock) the processor, customize anything and so on.

Of course, for the average user, this sounds like -- and can be -- a scary process. After all, "rooting" around in your smartphone's core software might seem like a recipe for disaster. One wrong move and you could end up with bricked handset.
Thankfully, there's a utility that makes rooting a one-click affair: KingoRoot. It's free and it works -- though not with all devices.
I originally tested Kingo on a Virgin Mobile Supreme and Asus Nexus 7; the process proved quick and easy. More recently, I used it to root a OnePlus One, and this time it was even easier -- because an app did all the work.
However, I couldn't get the utility to work on a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6. Your mileage may vary, of course, and I definitely recommend checking the compatibility list before proceeding. (Even if your device isn't on it, the utility may work with it.) Here's how to get started.

The app version

The easiest way to use KingoRoot is to install the app version, which literally performs the root process with just one tap.
In fact, the only complicated part is actually getting that app onto your Android device. That's because it's not available in the Google Play Store; instead, you must download the KingoRoot APK and manually install it.

Ideally, you'll just point your device's mobile to the KingoRoot Android page and download it directly. If that doesn't work for some reason, or you're working from your PC, download the APK and email it to yourself as an attachment. Then, on your device, open that e-mail and download that attachment.
To install it, however, you'll need to make sure your device is set to allow apps from unknown sources. In most versions of Android, that goes like this: Head to Settings, tap Security, scroll down to Unknown Sources and toggle the switch to the on position.
Now you can install KingoRoot. Then run the app, tap One Click Root, and cross your fingers. If all goes well, your device should be rooted within about 60 seconds. (On my aforementioned Galaxy S6, the process made it to 90 percent, then the phone crashed and rebooted. Luckily, no harm done.)

The desktop version

Kingo's support pages suggested I might have better luck with the Galaxy S6 if I tried the Windows version of KingoRoot. Here's that process:

No adware! Leave this box unchecked and be sure to click Decline during installation.
Screenshot by Rick Broida/CNET
Step 1: Download and install KingoRoot for Windows, making sure to leave unchecked the option to "Install Yahoo powered Chromium browser" and then click Decline to prevent any other adware incursions.
Step 2: Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. If it's running Android 4.0 or 4.1, tap Settings, Developer Options, then tick the box for "USB debugging." (You may need to switch "Developer options" to On before you can do so.) On Android 4.2, tap Settings, About Phone, Developer Options, and then tick USB debugging." Then tap OK to approve the setting change.

On Android 4.3 and later (including 5.0, though this also applies to some versions of 4.2), tap Settings, About Phone, then scroll down to Build Number. Tap it seven times, at which point you should see the message, "You are now a developer!"
With that done, tap Settings, About Phone, Developer Options, and then tick USB debugging." Then tap OK to approve the setting change.
Step 3: Run Android Root on your PC, then connect your phone via its USB sync cable. After a moment, the former should show a connection to the latter. Your device screen may show an "Allow USB debugging?" pop-up. Tick "Always allow from this computer," then tap OK.

Step 4: Click Root, then sit back and wait while the utility does its thing. After a few minutes, my Galaxy S6 got to 70 percent, and then the phone once again crashed and rebooted. Again, your mileage can (and most likely will) vary.
And that's all there is to it. If you decide you want to reverse the process, just run Android Root again, connect your phone, then click Remove Root. (Same goes for the app version, more or less.)
Now, what should you do with your rooted phone? Hit the comments to share your favorite options.

SOurce> Cnet.com
Gab2
Active member✭✭✭
Active member✭✭✭

PostGab2 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:26 am

Hey,  I find it hard Rooting my Hotnote Android  phone,  please can you help me out?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum